The Best Eco-friendly Cleaners
Tools You Need
- Well functioning and effective vacuum cleaner
- Mop & Bucket
- Broom & Dustpan
- Toilet Brush for each toilet
- Terry or Microfibre cloths (3 per bathroom, 3 per kitchen, 3 for each floor/level)
- Scouring pad for any area that requires scouring (separate scouring pad for each bathroom and kitchen)
- Dust mop with extension tool for high dusting
- 12″ Squeegee
- Extra cloths on hand
- 2nd Bucket for cleaning surfaces with concentrated cleaners (not for mopping)
Basic Products You Need
You can purchase products through Earth Concerns Cleaning or support your local store. Products need to be eco-friendly for the health of staff. For health and safety, staff cannot use products containing any amount of chlorine bleach or ammonia.
- All Purpose Soap – or a vegetable-all-based soap like Liquid Dish Soap
- Baking Soda (unless you do not want any scouring in bathtubs and sinks)
- Glass Cleaner – or vinegar and water in a spray bottle
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner – or washing soda – or borax
- Disinfectant Cleaner – or Hydrogen Peroxide (non-chlorine bleach)
- Optional: specialty cleaners, for example, wood floor, oven, stainless steel,
Hydrogen peroxide can be applied after staff have cleaned the surface with soap and water. Nature Clean Non-Chlorine Liquid Bleach (see product line-up below) is 5% Hyrdogen Peroxide. We do not use chlorine bleach for staff health and the world environment.
Attitude All Purpose Disinfectant Cleaner is a wonderful addition to our product line-up (below), cleaning while disinfecting.
recommended and favourite products